Technical Writer/Customer Communication
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||1&1 Internet, Inc. is a subsidiary of United Internet—a profitable, publicly held German company with a market cap of over $8 billion. 1&1 Internet’s North American headquarters is located in Chesterbrook, PA, a Philadelphia suburb. 1&1 Internet is known for its comprehensive and affordable Internet products - its unique business model positions it as a one-stop-shop for web solutions. From domain registration to web hosting, site creation, technical support and cutting edge technology, 1&1 offers users every available resource to easily and affordably create and maintain an optimal online presence.|
Founded in 1988, 1&1 Internet is a global leader among web hosting providers. Internationally, 1&1 maintains more than 13 million customer contracts with both consumer and business users and the 1&1 group manages over of 19 million domain name worldwide. It also operates 5 highly-secure, green data centers housing more than 70,000 servers.
1&1 has grown since it introduced its distinctive approach to the U.S. market in October of 2003. Since the launch of its complete product line in the US, 1&1 has become one of the premiere web hosting companies serving the US market; making it one of the country’s top 5 web hosting companies. In September 2008, 1&1 opened a state of the art 55,000 square foot data center in Lenexa, Kansas.
We are looking for the right individual to help create new, and manage our existing customer communication.
Primary work consists of working closely with various departments and senior members to gather and cross-check the information necessary to compose, proofread, or revise our electronic communications in accordance with the corporate writing guidelines. Communications consist of welcome letters, confirmation mailings, newsletters and other mailings which are sent on behalf of the organization in plain-text and in HTML. Review and revisions of customer communication templates ("canned responses") used by support staff will also be part of primary duties. Additional responsibilities may include revisions or re-writes of rough English translations and coordinating and assisting with 1&1 Help Center tasks related to a communication piece.
|Duties:||• Compose, revise, and develop various customer communications.|
• Facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and groups.
• Work cross-departmentally when necessary to attain subject matter proficiency and fill information gaps.
• Rewrite technical concepts and adapt writing to fit comprehension level of target audience.
• Uphold content quality standards and maintain consistency in tone and format using provided guidelines.
|Qualifications:||Qualifications and Education Requirements|
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
• Demonstrated keen attention to detail, a fearless disposition for confirming information and a penchant for proofreading.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with and maintain a professional, well-adjust and personable attitude toward all colleagues and superiors.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver information in varying forms of complexity to fit the target audience.
• 2 years experience with customer support
• 2 years experience with customer communication, journalism, editing or related field.
• Experience with HTML/CSS.
• Experience with web-hosting technologies (PHP, ASP, SQL, FTP, DNS, etc.)
1&1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected by law.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.